1. What is a Costa Gift Card?
A Costa Gift Card works just like an ordinary gift card, with a balance that you or a friend can redeem in participating stores. You can purchase a physical plastic gift card, that is delivered by post or an eGift, that is delivered by email.
2. How do I use a Costa Gift Card?
For both physical and eGift cards, it’s as simple as scanning the card at the till. For physical gift cards the QR code found on the back of the card should be scanned at the till. Whilst for eGifts you can either scan straight from your phone or by printing it out and taking a paper copy to the store.
3. Can I purchase multiple Costa Gift cards and eGifts in one order?
You can purchase up to 5 gift cards or eGifts in one order.
4. What’s the minimum and maximum amount I can add to Costa Gift cards and eGifts?
Each card has a minimum £5 and a maximum £75 you can add to the card.
5. When can I expect to receive my Costa Gift card or eGift?
eGifts are emailed immediately and should be in your inbox within the hour. Gift cards are sent using Royal Mail. Due to the impact of COVID-19, some delivery times may be longer than expected, and we cannot guarantee delivery dates.
6. How do I top up my Costa Gift cards and eGifts?
Simply click here. You can top up a minimum of £5 and a max of £75 and each card can only have a top balance of £75. You cannot top up your gift card in store.
7. How do I check the balance of my Costa Gift cards and eGifts?
Simply click here. You’ll need your Costa Gift card or eGift number to hand.
8. Are there any products in store that cannot be purchased with Costa Gift cards and eGifts?
You can purchase any items in our participating Costa stores with your Costa gift cards and eGifts, including coffee, food and merchandise. Please note Gift cards cannot be used to purchase other Gift cards.
9. Can I use my Costa Gift card and eGift more than once?
Yes, when you use your Costa Gift card and eGift the amount of your purchase will be deducted from the balance. The remaining balance may be applied to future purchases. Change will not be given.
10. Do I have to spend the whole value of the Costa Gift card or eGift?
No, the balance will remain on your Costa Gift card or eGift as long as you use it at least once over a 12 month period. The balance on your Costa Gift card or eGift will expire if it is not used for 12 consecutive months.
11. Can I pay with a combination of Costa Gift card or eGift with Coffee Club points, cash and bank cards?
Yes, the Costa Gift card and eGift is treated as a payment method.
12. What do I do if my Costa Gift card or eGift becomes lost or stolen?
Contact our Costa Customer Services team immediately using our Contact us form and quote your name and order number (if available).
13. What happens to the money on lost or stolen Costa Gift cards or eGifts?
At the time of reporting it lost we will replace your Costa Gift card or eGift and transfer the balance onto a replacement Costa eGift.
14. Can I get a refund if the Costa Gift card or eGift is no longer wanted?
No. Refunds will not be given for the purchase of a Costa Gift card or eGift. You are also unable to exchange your Costa Gift card or eGift for cash.
15. Are there any restrictions on the outlets in which I can use my Costa Gift card and eGift?
Yes, there are restrictions. You may use your Costa Gift card and eGift at participating Costa outlets in England, Scotland and Wales. You are not able to use the Costa Gift card and eGift at Costa Express locations and in Northern Ireland.
16. Can I use my Costa Gift card and eGift overseas?
No. You are not able to use the Costa Gift card and eGift in overseas stores or Northern Ireland. You can only use your Costa Gift card and eGift in participating stores in England, Scotland and Wales.
17. Can I purchase a Costa Gift card and eGift using American Express or a foreign payment card?
Unfortunately, we can only accept orders paid for with UK credit or debit card. The website will not accept or process orders placed using American Express or from outside the UK and using non-UK credit or debit cards.
18. Does the Costa Gift card and eGift have an expiry date?
The balance of a Costa Gift card or eGift will expire if it is not used for 12 consecutive months. We reserve the right to cancel your Costa Gift card and/or eGift if we suspect it is being used fraudulently or in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
19. Can I collect Costa Coffee Club Card points when I pay using my Costa Gift card and eGift?
Yes, you can collect points on purchases made with your Costa Gift card and eGift, however you cannot collect points at the point of purchasing a Costa Gift card and eGift.
20. Is your Costa Gifting website secure?
Security is extremely important to us. We use technologies to protect your payments and your data so everything you do is completely secure. If you suspect any issues please contact us right away.